Student Theatre Design Concept by Tanya Dunaeva
Concept design of identity for the student theatre “the BRIDGE”. The BRIDGE is a theater open to experiments and debuts, where bold, avant-garde productions cross out all the viewer’s ideas about what the theater should be today. The theater has several documentary performances dedicated to the events of Russian history. The theater conducts educational activities, organizing theater lectures for students and high school students.
The purpose of the work is to build a system of the theater’s identity while preserving the existing logo. This logo reflects well the name of the theater and the meaning of its work-it preserves the connection of experimental art and the viewer, which is visually depicted by a line in the form of a bridge connecting the letters O and C. It was decided to strengthen this connection by making it a central element of identity. Thus, the logo has turned into a dynamic frame that can change its size and proportions, and put all communications with the viewer inside it. The logo frame becomes the basic style-forming element for corporate documentation: letterheads, business cards, envelopes. Corporate documentation is neutral and has a black-and-white color scheme. The color appears in advertising communications. In billboards and advertising posters communication layers superimposed on each other: the bottom layer is a frame with the logo, the second layer is either illustration for children’s shows or photo adult performances and the third layer – the typography with title and relevant textual information. Illustrations for children’s performances are solved by linear graphics that echo the lines from the typographic layer. Frames from productions are used as photo images. The typeface solution of the typography is individual for each performance, and the coloristic solution for each performance can also vary. Souvenir and promotional products are issued according to the same laws. The result is a very flexible, simple and easy-to-use identity system with distinctive individual features.
Special thanks should be delivered to Russian Higher School of Economics (HSE Art and Design School) and personally to Leonid Slavin, head of Art direction MA Program.
- Design Agency: Tanya Dunaeva
- Organisation/Project Type: Student, Non Published Concept Design
- Article Title: Student Theatre Design Concept by Tanya Dunaeva
- Brand / Project Name: BRIDGE / МОСТ
- External Design Credits: Tutor: Leonid Slavin
- Strategic Deliverables: Brand Architecture
- Design Deliverables: Illustration, Photography, Brand Identity, Identity System, Graphic Design, Brand Advertising
- Service Brand Application: Merchandising, Outdoor Media, POS Display, Print Advertising, Print Brochure, Print Promotion, Social Media, Website, Digital Advertising
- Location: Russia
- Market Country: Russia
- Market Region: Europe
- Product Category: Identity
- Project Keywords: Theatre, Concept design, identity, student, Tanya Dunaeva, Cinema4D