Student Concept Packaging Design for Kodak M35 with Unpredictable Characters
Film photography may seem intimidating at first but the unpredictability of the outcome of is what makes the experience so fun. It is like life and the people around us, you never really know what you’re about to encounter! This is a project that aims to promote film photography as a hobby one can just have fun with while creating memories and expressing oneself.
The Kodak M35 : Unpredictable Characters is a project targeted towards young, creative people that are interested in all things retro, self-expressive and creative (of course). The product is a 35mm point and shoot film camera that works even without batteries.
The theme ‘Unpredictable Characters’ was inspired by the unpredictable process of film. Unique characters are created, mainly to strike a chord with the users but also to display that everyone and anyone is different in their own charming way. The packaging is a box that has a sliding acrylic panel on the front for better accessibility, holes on the sides to loop a ribbon in when you want to carry it as a bag, multiple tinted perspex that has been laser cut in shapes to frame the camera in a story-like setting, the Kodak m35 camera is slotted into a foam frame that is snug, a roll of film, a battery, stickers of the Unpredictable Characters and a mini manual for the camera!
- Design Agency: Carmen Ngooi Yeng Ern
- Organisation/Project Type: Student, Published Self Promotional Design
- Article Title: Student Concept Packaging Design for Kodak M35 with Unpredictable Characters
- Brand / Project Name: Kodak M35 : Unpredictable Characters
- External Design Credits: -
- Production Credits: -
- Strategic Deliverables: Product Naming, -
- Design Deliverables: Packaging Design, Illustration, -
- Location: Malaysia
- Market Country: Malaysia
- Market Region: Asia
- Product Category: Entertainment
- Consumer Packaging Format: Bag, Case
- Consumer Substrate / Material: Plastic, Clear acrylic and mounting board