About the project: Classical music is often perceived as something boring and unbearably sophisticated. Probably, the problem is that a vast majority of classical music performances are extremely serious and demand too much effort from the listener (even in terms of dress-code)?
Well, what if it is not just a classical music concert but also a fun summer event in a park?
В КУСТАХ (In the Bushes) is an open-air classical music festival which is aimed at making classical music attractive both for long-time classical music lovers and for those who have just started their acquaintance with it. This is an event that allows a large audience not only to listen to beautiful music performed by the greatest world musicians, but also to enjoy a chilled-out atmosphere and spend quality time with friend and family outside.
Idea: The сore element of the design concept is a font, specifically created for the purposes of the project. The font is inspired by the schemes and drafts which are used in orchestra conducting. Smooth and continuous lines reinterpret conductor’s hand movements during their performance with an orchestra. Being rather expressive and ornamental, the font is used as graphic element and is combined with discreet and simple informative grotesque typography. Green&pink color palette choice reflects the light mood of an open-air summer event. Graphic elements resemble green leaves and bushes in the park. Visual elements easily adjust to different types of media (web, print, etc.)
- Agency/Creative: Alexandra Korbankova
- Article Title: Student Brand Identity Concept for an Open-Air Classical Music Fest Called В КУСТАХ (In the Bushes)
- Organisation/Entity: Student
- Project Type: Identity
- Project Status: Published
- Agency/Creative Country: Russia
- Agency/Creative City: HSE Design School
- Market Region: Europe, Global
- Project Deliverables: 2D Design, Brand Identity, Branding, Poster Design, Typography
- Industry: Entertainment
- Keywords: Classical Music, Festival, Brand Identity
Designer: Alexandra Korbankova