We cannot deny that environmental issues became global. We can’t get rid of plastic straws because it’s convenient. But we can offer one more alternative to the world.
After harvesting, most of the stems have no use. We can recycle them or we can feed cattle with them. We’ve gone further and made from this stems natural and biodegradable straws.
We call them just STRAWS. The base of the stem is dried and packed in a box of 100% recycled cardboard. Every pack is containing 50 straws. These straws are good for cold and hot drinks as well, they don’t soak and they have no flavour.
This idea was inspired by childhood memories when you visit your grandmother in a village, go out into the field, snatch a spikelet and drink fresh milk or fruit drink through it.
The design was inspired by Slavic traditions of making decor and amulets from dried stems. These wicker shapes were called “spiders”. Now you can find such a “spider” right at our box. For centuries these “spiders” have protected the houses of villagers from fires, hurricanes and other natural disasters. Now they protect nature.
Plastic straws? No more.
- Agency/Creative: PG Brand Reforming
- Article Title: STRAWS. – Eco Drinking Straws
- Organisation/Entity: Agency, Non Published Concept Design
- Project Type: Packaging
- Agency/Creative Country: Poland
- Market Region: Multiple Regions
- Project Deliverables: Brand Creation, Brand Naming, Branding, Graphic Design, Packaging Design, Product Architecture
- Format: Box
- Substrate: Pulp Carton