Managing frustration whilst maintaining hydration. Strawed-up is a problem solving concept that brings back the original ways to enjoy your beverage – but with meaning, a lighter footprint and a dynamic lifestyle. Any situation, any time, any place, suck it up. Be Strawed-up.
The reinvention of the old plastic straw, the Strawed-up brand is a side hustle that’s very quickly turned into passion project. In the summer of 2019, I took a break to New York City where, with highs of 40 degrees, it was essential to keep hydrated. With the need for constant hydration, I was quick to notice that the environmentally friendly throw-away paper straws led to high levels of frustration as they constantly became soggy and wet after a few minutes of use. As a passionate designer/ innovator, I discovered a problem and started to creatively work on the solution.
The design and layout of the brand is clean and clinical as to add too much and mess would likely make the customer uncomfortable. As this product is to be used with a beverage, promoting hygiene is also essential, and ensuring the
ad is clean and clinical is deemed to best reflect this. The green coloured product was chosen for this ad as it show the element of
the environmentally-friendliness of the product and highlights how the product beats paper in a friendly way.
- Agency/Creative: Tim Shrimpton
- Article Title: Strawed-up Brand Concept
- Organisation/Entity: Freelance, Non Published Concept Design
- Project Type: Identity
- Agency/Creative Country: United Kingdom
- Market Region: Global
- Project Deliverables: Brand Advertising, Brand Architecture, Brand Creation, Brand Identity, Brand Naming, Brand Strategy, Branding, Graphic Design, Product Architecture, Product Naming, Research, Retail Brand Design, Tone of Voice
- Industry: Food/Beverage
- Keywords: Straw, Drinking, Plastic, Reusable, Sustainable, Brand