Looking to shake up the established bracing category, athletic apparel company Stoko came to Pendo with an unexpected take on medical braces. Customizable and anatomically correct, their first to market product combines the support of a traditional knee brace within the comfort of a compression tight. Featuring the company’s proprietary Embrace System™, athletes are able to use built-in control dials connected to tension cables sewn into the fabric, allowing them to customize the level of support they require.
Referring to their audience as Athletes, the strategy was to distance Stoko from traditional bracing brands that place an emphasis on injury and pain, and instead empower athletic potential. This led to positioning them as “supportive apparel”.
Tapping into the deeply held aspirations of their audience, the brand was developed, starting with the name — Stoko comes from the word “stoke” and the feeling that comes from igniting a fire within. Pendo went on to create an immersive experience across all touch points, ranging from launch materials, brand campaign, print collateral, retail and direct to consumer (D2C) packaging system, trade show booth, swag, wearables, custom photography, video, and the company’s e-commerce website.
“Our product is revolutionary in that it gives athletes the confidence to do the sports and activities they love in comfortable apparel that’s as effective as a medical-grade knee brace.” says Stoko founder and CEO Zack Eberwien.
- Agency/Creative: Pendo
- Article Title: Stoko – Disrupting the Bracing Space by Pendo
- Organisation/Entity: Agency
- Project Type: Identity
- Project Status: Published
- Agency/Creative Country: Canada
- Agency/Creative City: Vancouver, BC
- Market Region: North America
- Project Deliverables: Advertising, Art Direction, Brand Creation, Brand Design, Brand Identity, Brand Naming, Brand Strategy, Branding, Creative Direction, Design, Graphic Design, Identity System, Packaging Design, Photography, Web Design
- Industry: Retail
- Keywords: Athletic Apparel
Creative Director: Peter Ladd
Brand Director: Don Cleland
Designer: Timothy King
Photographer: Brenndan Laird
Copywriter: Ryan Leeson