Sternartica is a cosmetic brand based in Provence, France that makes ethical handmade soaps and shampoo bars. Each recipe is created with passion and each supplier is carefully chosen. The aim is to ensure that raw materials are farmed in accordance with the principles of economic, environmental and social sustainability.
The brand takes its name from the Italian
word for the Arctic Tern Sternartica. Sterna artica means Arctic Tern in Italian. The Arctic Tern is a migratory bird that weighs only 100 grams. With its small body, it holds the record of the species that travels the longest distance on its migrations. In fact, the Arctic Tern travels
from the Arctic to the Antarctic every year to enjoy the sunniest days on our planet. In only thirty years, the Arctic Tern travels more than 2.4 million kilometers. Which is the same as three round trips to the Moon!
In the cosmetics industry, Sternartica is taking real action and won the Geco Expo Smart Talk contest for the most innovative start-ups. Since then, they have been featured in several online articles such as La Repubblica and Innovando News. They have designed every facet of their business to make sure that their carbon footprint is as minimal as possible.
My role was to develop the brand identity, packaging and social media designs. I then went on to direct the creation of the product renderings and bird animations. This project is a showcase of their elegant brand identity design and features packaging designs for their soaps, 3D rendered concepts, logo design, animation and social media story design.
- Agency/Creative: Greg Davies Design
- Article Title: Sternartica Brand Identity by Greg Davies Design
- Organisation/Entity: Freelance
- Project Type: Graphic
- Project Status: Published
- Agency/Creative Country: United Kingdom
- Agency/Creative City: Newcastle-upon-Tyne
- Market Region: Europe
- Project Deliverables: 3D Design, 3D Modelling, Animation, Brand Design, Illustration, Logo Design, Packaging Design
- Industry: Health Care
- Keywords: hand made soap, cosmetics, beauty, climate change, ethical cosmetics, elegant, eco-sustainable
Brand Identity Designer and Creative Director: Greg Davies