Fitness Frontier is a successful boutique fitness studio based in Glasgow, Scotland. Established in 2003 by Chris Johnstone, the trainer has a long list of clients, from TV personalities to sports stars, musicians, and Miss Scotland.
With a busy roster of clients and a state-of-the-art City Centre studio, Chris was looking at ways to grow the Fitness Frontier offering by introducing a range of products and branded apparel.
The brief called for the creation of a sub-brand identity for Frontier Gear, the name of the new product offering released under the Fitness Frontier umbrella. The logo itself takes inspiration from the FF of Fitness Frontier, tieing it back to the main business. The mirrored F creates a wing-like icon symbolising balance and aspiration with the angular lines representing discipline, movement, and strength.
Alongside the creation of a new icon and wordmark, a number of physical assets were produced too. Working with furniture maker Lewis MacLeod of Hame, a custom wall display was produced to display the new product lines. Crafted from birch ply with oak dowels, the modular display allows for the hangers and shelving to be placed at various positions to accommodate the ever-changing stock being sold. Wall mounted acrylic lightbox signage was created with vinyl artwork for application to studio walls. Doorway entrance graphics were also created acting as a large format advertisement to passers by and to align the studio environment with the new Frontier Gear branding throughout.
- Agency/Creative: Stckmn
- Article Title: Stckmn Creates Brand Identity for Fitness and Apparel Studio Frontier Gear
- Organisation/Entity: Agency
- Project Type: Identity
- Project Status: Published
- Agency/Creative Country: United Kingdom
- Agency/Creative City: Glasgow
- Market Region: Europe
- Project Deliverables: Brand Creation, Brand Identity, Environmental Graphics, Graphic Design, Industrial Design, Photography, Retail Design, Textile Design
- Industry: Retail
- Keywords: design, branding, logo, clothing, display, apparel,
Apparel Display Production: Hame
Signage Production: BD Print