St. Bernardus Tokyo Beer Can Illustration
In 2012 St. Bernardus launched a one-off Tokyo brew on the occasion of the opening of the first St. Bernardus-themed café in the Japanese capital. Eight years later they wanted to rerelease this beer and asked me to create the label illustration for it.
The visual depicts an impression of Japanese nightlife in the iconic streets of Kanda district, where you can find the Bernardus Café.
St. Bernardus Tokyo is an unfiltered ale, which has been brewed with a large amount of wheat, holding the middle between a white beer and a saison.
- Design Agency: Jonas Devacht
- Organisation/Project Type: Freelance, Published Commercial Design
- Article Title: St. Bernardus Tokyo Beer Can Illustration
- Brand / Project Name: St. Bernardus Tokyo
- External Design Credits: Graphic design - Legal & Layout: Kengie Bruneel (Bureau R)
- Strategic Deliverables: Brand World, Tone of Voice
- Design Deliverables: Packaging Design, Illustration
- Location: Belgium
- Market Country: Multiple Countries
- Market Region: Global
- Product Category: Beer & Cider
- Consumer Packaging Format: Can
- Consumer Substrate / Material: Metal