JK Design Co. – Spotted Cow
Spotted Cow is an unfiltered, Wisconsin style farmhouse ale conceived by Deborah and Daniel Carey of New Glarus Brewing Company. It is truly a treasured home-state beer. New Glarus Brewing was one of the country’s first craft breweries and has become a powerhouse in the industry. Despite their success, they have maintained their down home roots and have also built a worldwide following. This project was self initiated as a way to stretch creative muscles and dive into the vast beer brand category. The new identity system needed to project a uniquely Wisconsin feeling. It had to tell a deeper story about the state’s rich farming history, but also reflect a more modern sensibility. Born from these guidelines is a set of visual tools informed by vintage aesthetics and enlightened by a fresh eye. The color palette directly reflects the rich tones of the Wisconsin landscape while the graphics nod to the type-heavy treatments traditionally found on cattle feed bags.
- Agency/Creative: JK Design Co.
- Article Title: Spotted Cow Farmhouse Ale Conceptual Branding Packaging
- Organisation/Entity: Freelance, Non Published Concept Design
- Project Type: Packaging
- Agency/Creative Country: United States America
- Market Region: North America
- Format: Bottle, Can, Case
- Substrate: Metal, Pulp Paper