Snap is one of Calgary’s most exclusive annual events. It’s a transformational night of music and fashion, bringing people together to support a good cause. This year’s Snap 2022 fundraising event is put on by Park & RichardsonWealth in support of Dress For Success YYC, whose mission is to empower women to achieve economic independence by providing a network of support, professional attire and the development tools to help women thrive in work and life. The event featured a fashion presentation from Montreal-based designer UNTLTD and music performances including Michael Bernard Fitzgerald. It was all hosted at Calgary’s hottest (and highest) restaurant, Major Tom Bar. Snap invites Calgarians to participate in an event that celebrates women. Guests were able to shop the runway, and bid on some incredible silent auction items all for a great cause.
This year’s branding and wordmark celebrates women through culture & style, bringing in human elements to each of the letters. It was important for the mark to be adaptive to fit into many sizes of applications and also interactive with the visual elements of the brand such as beautiful photography. The typography is harmonious with the UNTTLD fashion branding and the colour palette ties into the retro vibe at Major Tom Bar. There was a branded experience from pre-event promotions including social media and web assets, all the way to the event including, a red-carpet entrance, photography backdrops, posters, wayfinding, and even coasters.
- Agency/Creative: Matter Studio
- Article Title: Snap Event Branding by Matter Studio
- Organisation/Entity: Agency
- Project Type: Identity
- Project Status: Published
- Agency/Creative Country: Canada
- Agency/Creative City: Calgary
- Market Region: North America
- Project Deliverables: Animation, Brand Creation, Brand Design, Brand Experience, Brand Identity, Brand Mark, Branding, Design, Environmental Graphics, Graphic Design, Logo Design, Poster Design
- Industry: Entertainment
- Keywords: Event, Branding, Fundraiser, Fashion Show, Music, Custom, Typography
Design Director: Monique Gamache
Designer: Rees Morgan
Photographer: JARED BAUTISTA