In the heart of the authentic Tuscany where once the post inn refreshed the travellers, now stands the Silene, a place of excellence, capable of collecting the old knowledge of the good food to create a dynamic and charming cuisine which is a perfect bond between the vital energy of innovation and the elegance of tradition.
After the design of the entire Silene identity including the design of his packaging system, in the 2020 we had the privilege to continue this collaboration and redesign the new identity of one of the most important and iconic products of Silene: the Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
The redesign is focused on the origin and the extraordinary properties of this particular product, made by the great expertise of the Michelin-Starred chef Roberto Rossi, patron of the Silene restaurant.
The native cultivation (the Seggiano’s Olivastra is a local and rare cultivar which grows in a particular area in Val d’Orcia, Tuscany), the rigorous pitting process and the limited production make this extra virgin olive oil a product of excellence and an unique taste.
We have taken care of every single detail of the project, from the iconic illustration of the tree (the Seggiano’s Olivastra) to the hand-wrapped bottle and the bespoke box made with sustainable and recyclable materials.
The preciousness of Silene Extra Virgin Olive Oil is reflected also in the choice of combining different printing techniques: the Olivastra tree is printed in green hot foil and the logo Silene is a UV screen printing.
- Agency/Creative: Monica Lovati Studio
- Article Title: Silene Extra Virgin Olive Oil Packaging Design
- Organisation/Entity: Agency
- Project Type: Packaging
- Project Status: Published
- Agency/Creative Country: Italy
- Agency/Creative City: Milan
- Market Region: Europe
- Project Deliverables: Brand Identity, Label Design, Packaging Design
- Format: Bottle, Box
- Substrate: Glass Bottle, Pulp Carton, Pulp Paper
- Industry: Food/Beverage
- Keywords: extra virgin olive oil, packaging design, label design, Tuscany, Michelin-Starred chef
creative direction: Monica Lovati