Sense of Place Branding & Design Create Brand Identity for Melville
Specialist in lighting and designer furniture, melville offers a selection of design and vintage pieces for the home and office: Scandinavian lamps, designer furniture, iconic pieces, renowned designers and young creation. A whole universe to discover in the shop in the city center of Aix en Provence, on the website and the e-shop. Light, this “object without presence” as Michel Buffet likes to describe it, was the main source of inspiration for Franck Mouly, the creator of melville, as were the clean-lined lighting fixtures of Scandinavian design. melville is also a first name, a nod to the 1960s and to the French spirit.
melville is also developing collaborations with architects and decorators by positioning itself on residential and tertiary projects in the sector and promoting design creation by favoring an approach that respects the environment and a more ethical approach.
The line obviously strongly inspired the creation of the logo. In the word melville, there is an indisputable graphic play with the lines formed by the 3 L. melville then becomes a sign or a motif when the letters are removed to keep only these lines. Lines that evoke design, decoration, applied arts, architecture, etc.It is also a nod to Malevich’s abstraction, to Breuer’s modernism whose influence is considerable. This graphic identity also echoes the structuring lines and the projected shadows of the objects presented. It has a totally assumed minimalism, as is the case with a large part of the objects selected by melville and is therefore easily deployed on all printed and digital media up to the scenographic approach of the walls of the shop. The staging of the melville boutique was created in resonance with this new graphic identity to create strong visual cues and rhythm. The atmosphere around the lights and the choice of wood cladding define the thematic spaces of the store.
The scenography of the place was carried out by Vasken Yéghiayan, the website and the e-shop by Studio Waaark in compliance with the melville graphic charter.
- Design Agency: Sense of Place Branding & Design
- Organisation/Project Type: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Article Title: Sense of Place Branding & Design Create Brand Identity for Melville
- Brand / Project Name: melville brand identity
- Strategic Deliverables: Research / Insight, Brand Strategy
- Design Deliverables: Brand Identity, Identity System, Branding, Brand Creation, Graphic Design, Brand Guidelines, Brand Advertising, Retail Brand Design
- Service Brand Application: Architecture, Brand Guidelines, Print Advertising, Retail Design, Retail Display, Social Media, Website
- Location: France
- Market Country: France
- Market Region: Multiple Regions
- Product Category: Identity
- Project Keywords: melville design. Design. Showroom. Aix en provence. Graphic design. Branding. Brand identity. Typography. Sense of Place Branding & Design.