Saardé (pronounced sar-day) is a design-led brand, that creates considered, textured, pared-back goods for home, body and travel.
Τhe brand founders, Verity & Shenol Kizek reached us and entrusted to our team to create their new logotype and the new olive oil soap packaging design, including a custom designed bottle and a labeling system.
Our design process was inspired by Saardé philosophy and ethos, the forms and colours of Mediterranean and Turkey. We created a minimalistic symbol that reflects the natural character of the brand, but also being modern and simple, while the logotype feels more organic and romantic keeps the visual balance.
For the labeling system we created seven unique illustrated figures that represent the character of each product. The colours are vivid without feels unnatural and the typography bring a modern tone. We choose heavy papers with natural texture to enhance the experience.
On the bottle, we wanted our design to feel modern and up to date but also natural and raw. The main purpose is to create an object of “artistic value” for everyday use. Because the bottle is refillable, we had to create something the user would like to see it in his bathroom every morning and could easily fit in most houses.
The inspiration came from a raw bar of soap. The bottle keeps the raw edges and the organic forms of the bar. The result is a familiar yet unique form of a bottle, combined with the smooth pump coloured on warm tones, makes the product feel down to earth.
- Agency/Creative: Ruto design studio
- Article Title: Saardé Olive Oil Soap Packaging Design by Ruto Design Studio
- Organisation/Entity: Agency
- Project Type: Packaging
- Project Status: Published
- Agency/Creative Country: Greece
- Agency/Creative City: Athens
- Market Region: Oceania, South America
- Project Deliverables: Brand Design, Industrial Design, Logo Design, Product Design
- Format: Bottle
- Substrate: Glass
- Industry: Fashion
- Keywords: Bottle, logo, packaging, olive oil, design, soap, beauty, natural, custom bottle, branding
Ceative Director: Thomas Kiourtsis