Riverade Hotel & Winery is a tourism project by the Arade river near Silves in the portuguese region Algarve. It is located in a 50ha property and integrates hotel, vineyard and organic horticulture.
I was responsible for the naming of the project and my creative process took into consideration requirements such as the Arade river reference, the international perspective of the project – concerning the investor as well as the final target audience – and an effective registration of the brand.
I decided to join “River” and “Arade” (River + Arade = Riverade).
For the design of the logo and branding, I featured several elements of considerable importance and relevance in the project, both in the logo and the selected color palette.
The logo represents a glass of wine – the vineyard and the wine production are pillars of the project – crossed by a negative space R-shaped Arade river (R being the initial letter of Riverade) and with the Castle of Silves – National Monument which is one of the area’s main tourist attractions – at the top
The selected color palette focuses on elements such as:
• Grés de Silves – the geological formation from the Triassic of Portugal, composed of clay and sandstone, a sedimentary rock abundant in the region and markedly present in the local landscape;
• Castle of Silves (built with Grés de Silves);
• The vine;
• Local flora.
- Agency/Creative: BERNARDO COVAS graphic & brand designer
- Article Title: Riverade Hotel and Winery Branding
- Organisation/Entity: Freelance, Published Commercial Design
- Project Type: Identity
- Agency/Creative Country: Portugal
- Market Region: Europe
- Project Deliverables: Brand Creation, Brand Identity, Brand Naming, Branding, Graphic Design, Packaging Design
- Industry: Hospitality
- Keywords: Riverade, River, Arade, Portugal, Silves, Algarve, Brand, Brand design, Branding, Naming