Ripping Yarns Distillery Launches with Design by Nude Brand Creation
Ripping Yarns Distillery has launched its first product – a Golden Spiced Rum, with brand identity and packaging developed by Nude Brand Creation. Ripping Yarns is a new family run, small batch artisan Rum distillery based in The Surrey Hills.
Soon after distillery owner Andrew Watson first met with Nude, they discovered their shared love of telling tales and stories, some true and some with a little bit of a ‘yarn’. As they chatted, Ripping Yarns was born.
The name and identity captures the wonder and excitement of telling tales, particularly of exciting or incredible adventures. On Golden Spiced Rum, our intrepid explorer is carried by a flying Leatherback Turtle, as he crosses the seven seas to reach the four corners of the Earth, searching for fine cane molasses. The West Clandon Dragon, who legend has it once blocked the road through the village that Andrew calls home, guides our explorer on his journey.
The packaging depicts this tale with an innovative full 360° bottle print, which was achieved by Atui working closely with Nude and Andrew. The bottle is topped with a bespoke wooden stopper that includes the co-ordinates of the West Clandon Dragon, and is sealed with a ticket from the adventures.
The truth is that Ripping Yarns Golden Spice Rum is produced by Andrew in Surrey from fine sugar cane molasses. After fermentation, it is twice pot-distilled and then gently infused with a carefully chosen blend of botanicals and spices. Lightly spiced so the Rum spirit can still shine through.
- Design Agency: Nude Brand Creation
- Organisation/Project Type: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Article Title: Ripping Yarns Distillery Launches with Design by Nude Brand Creation
- Brand / Project Name: RiPPING YARNS GOLDEN SPICED RUM
- Strategic Deliverables: Brand Naming, Brand Strategy, Product Naming
- Design Deliverables: Packaging Design, Brand Identity, Branding, Brand Creation
- Location: United Kingdom
- Market Country: United Kingdom
- Market Region: Europe
- Product Category: Beverages
- Consumer Packaging Format: Bottle
- Consumer Substrate / Material: Glass Bottle