A conceptual revamp on the existing chocolate brand called Villars that was founded in the city of Fribourg in Switzerland since 1901. The new packaging features a redesign on the brand logo and the overall chocolate packaging features modern illustrations of the city of Fribourg as a constant city skyline at the top to highlight the origin of the chocolate and the heritage of the brand.
The packaging’s center piece is the actual chocolate square product shot with a top view angle as opposed to the existing packaging to really highlight the chocolate and the edelweiss flower embossing on it. At the top of the packaging, the Swiss flag is translated into a an embroidered Swiss patch commonly found on the embroidered designs of the cow bells that are hung on the cows in the Swiss alps and it’s adorned by golden edelweiss flowers, also tying in to the Swiss culture.
A handwritten, signature slogan of “Mastering Chocolate” is added underneath to depict the long-standing history of the brand also positioning them as the know-how leaders in this industry. The packaging also features gold foil printing to some of the features to elevate the production value of the design and position Villars as a high-end, high quality chocolate brand, combined with the story of where it came from. The back of the pack is also transformed as a continuation of the story from the front featuring more landmarks from the city of Fribourg along with interesting facts about the chocolate process for each flavor as well as a bit of history of the brand’s origin for maximum consumer engagement.
- Agency/Creative: Khadija El Sharawy
- Article Title: Revamp a Famous Swiss Chocolate Brand Villars
- Organisation/Entity: Freelance
- Project Type: Packaging
- Project Status: Published
- Agency/Creative Country: Egypt
- Agency/Creative City: Cairo
- Market Region: Africa, Middle East
- Project Deliverables: Brand Redesign, Packaging Design
- Format: Box, Tray
- Substrate: Pulp Carton, Pulp Paper
- Industry: Food/Beverage
- Keywords: chocolate, chocolate bar, swiss chocolate, chocolate packaging, brand redesign, packaging, packaging design
Graphic Designer: Khadija El Sharawy