Leadoff Studio designed a Tyvek pouch as packaging for Ro Healthcare to encourage reuse, rather than being disposed of right away. It is made of recycled material and can be recycled if the user chooses not to keep it. It is an estimated reduction in carbon footprint from Ro’s original packaging by over 90%.
Leadoff designed the pouch to be a vessel for Ro to ship any of their prescription types and quantities. The experience of using the pouch feels more like a personal item, and unlike a clinical medical pill bottle or box. Subtlety, discretion, and comfort were key factors in designing the user’s experience, since these contain a prescription that is often personal or private. The pouch was designed with scalability in mind for the growing healthcare start-up, so it could become a canvas for any of the future brands under the Ro umbrella.
Leadoff Studio created a sustainable design that can be easily returned to Ro for batch recycling.
- Agency/Creative: Leadoff Studio
- Article Title: Reusable and Sustainable Healthcare Packaging Design by Leadoff Studio
- Organisation/Entity: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Project Type: Packaging
- Agency/Creative Country: United States
- Market Region: North America
- Project Deliverables: Industrial Design, Packaging Design, Research, Structural Design, Tone of Voice
- Format: Bag, Pouch, Sachet, Tag
- Substrate: Fabric, Plastic