Reusable and Sustainable Healthcare Packaging Design by Leadoff Studio
Leadoff Studio designed a Tyvek pouch as packaging for Ro Healthcare to encourage reuse, rather than being disposed of right away. It is made of recycled material and can be recycled if the user chooses not to keep it. It is an estimated reduction in carbon footprint from Ro’s original packaging by over 90%.
Leadoff designed the pouch to be a vessel for Ro to ship any of their prescription types and quantities. The experience of using the pouch feels more like a personal item, and unlike a clinical medical pill bottle or box. Subtlety, discretion, and comfort were key factors in designing the user’s experience, since these contain a prescription that is often personal or private. The pouch was designed with scalability in mind for the growing healthcare start-up, so it could become a canvas for any of the future brands under the Ro umbrella.
Leadoff Studio created a sustainable design that can be easily returned to Ro for batch recycling.
- Design Agency: Leadoff Studio
- Organisation/Project Type: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Article Title: Reusable and Sustainable Healthcare Packaging Design by Leadoff Studio
- Brand / Project Name: Ro Healthcare packaging design
- External Design Credits: Photographer: Takamasa Ota
- Production Credits: Manufacturer: ZenPack
- Strategic Deliverables: Research / Insight, Tone of Voice, Price Engineering
- Design Deliverables: Packaging Design, Structural Design, Industrial Design, Unboxing Experience, User Experience
- Location: United States
- Market Country: United States
- Market Region: North America
- Product Category: Medical
- Consumer Packaging Format: Bag, Pouch, Sachet, Tag
- Consumer Substrate / Material: Fabric, Plastic, Tyvek