The Need; Socialmood realised that their brand no longer represented them. Although it worked with their public’s perception, it didn’t represent the values of what they wanted to achieve in the future. The brand needed to be more grown-up and more challenging. The Proposal: Our proposal is based on a series of workshops we did together in order to define who they wanted to be. It was an exercise in profound self-discovery that allowed us to get to know them in-depth and to define their core value: lateral thinking. This is what defines them, beyond having an incredible and characteristic flow. This is a rebranding for an agency that represents lateral thinking.
The Solution: We developed a behavioural system based on perspective. All the components should reflect the idea that they are capable of seeing the world from a unique perspective. The logo is the least relevant part of their identity, this is reflected through the use of different points of view. The Goal: We have created an experiential brand that is recognizable without needing to use the logo. It is also easily scalable.
Animation System: For some assets, we decided to introduce a brief animated element. For instance, the email signature uses the eyes animated or for the podcasts made by the SM crew we made animated covers with the geometric shapes bumping or flowing in minimal yellow space. Brand manual: During the last rush of the project, we had a bold idea of creating the brand manual directly as an Instagram profile. We thought that it was the best dynamic solution for a digital agency as Social mood. Product Design: For some special activities, to enhance the brand main value, we have also ideated a specific product like Socialmooooood Pills with a new recipe that provides a very fresh breath.
- Agency/Creative: Relajaelcoco
- Article Title: Relajaelcoco Create Rebranding for Socialmood Agency
- Organisation/Entity: Agency
- Project Type: Identity
- Project Status: Published
- Agency/Creative Country: Spain
- Agency/Creative City: Madrid
- Market Region: Europe
- Project Deliverables: Art Direction, Brand Architecture, Brand Creation, Brand Design, Brand Guidelines, Brand Identity, Brand Strategy, Branding, Creative Direction, Graphic Design, Logo Design, Rebranding, Web Design
- Industry: Telecoms
- Keywords: Advertising, Digital Strategy, Creativity, Lateral Thinking, Branding, Strategy, Design, Visual Identity,
Design studio: Relajaelcoco
Founder: Lucas García
Chief Founder: Pablo Castellano
Creative Director: Pablo Galeano
Art Director: Francesco Maria Furno
Designer: Celia Campos