I love to collaborate closely with my clients, get to know their needs well and only then create the design. Because as much as great design is about beauty on the surface, it’s also about what’s inside it, about the meaning behind the facade. I know what I am talking about, as most of my work is packaging design. For over 10 years now. I specialize in branding and packaging design, but as mentioned before, complexity is important for me, therefore I also do illustrations, retouching, logos or photography. In order to create everything from the first idea to the very final design. Or from A to Z, if you wish.
When a young Slovak winemaker came to me looking for a new approach to the visual branding of her small winery from Bratislava, I sensed that this relationship will bring something unconventional. We both understood each other immediately and that is also the reason why the labels and final look of Vinka are very intimate and personal. The goal was to create something simple and minimalistic but not ordinary. Primarily, we worked an angle that captures the difficulty and purity of a vintner’s work. Therefore, every symbol on the label has meaning and in each of them the fingerprints of honest, artisan craft. The labels bear illustrated symbols that depict the letter “V” comprised of grapes, which are each imprinted with a fingerprint. The symbols highlight the artisan nature of the brand. Working on redesign of the whole wine portfolio and visual identity of the Vinka winery was for me a challenge, but also fun.
- Agency/Creative: Adela Blahova
- Article Title: Redesign of Vinka Wine Labels and Winery Visual Identity
- Organisation/Entity: Freelance, Published Commercial Design
- Project Type: Packaging
- Project Status: Published
- Agency/Creative Country: Czech Republic
- Market Region: Europe
- Project Deliverables: Brand Creation, Brand Identity, Brand Redesign, Branding, Graphic Design, Identity System, Illustration, Packaging Design, Rebranding, Research / Insight
- Format: Bottle
- Substrate: Glass Bottle