Redesign of the Popcorn Package Design Happy Corn
The popcorn market is rather conservative in Russia. However, a consumer expects relevant visual standards from the category. Understanding of this process led the company “Eurofoods” to a solution of renewing the package of their key brand.
The major driver for purchase of popcorn is an emotional desire to spend time in heart-warming atmosphere among relatives and friends, forgetting about the rash and day-do-day cares for a while. Bright and positive design of the package is a great way to attract attention of this target audience.
Star-shaped logo block with emotional slogans broadcasts the idea of happiness. This very idea underpins the brand. Diagonal placement of delicious product zone forms a structural element, allowing the package to stand out in a shelf. Contrast background colours solve a task of tastes’ differentiation well. This also helps to simplify the navigation over the assortment matrix.
- Design Agency: PROFSOYUZ
- Organisation/Project Type: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Article Title: Redesign of the Popcorn Package Design Happy Corn
- Brand / Project Name: HAPPY CORN
- Strategic Deliverables: Brand Strategy
- Design Deliverables: Packaging Design, Branding
- Location: Russia
- Market Country: Russia
- Market Region: Multiple Regions
- Product Category: Snack Food
- Consumer Packaging Format: Box
- Consumer Substrate / Material: Pulp Carton