We were commissioned to redesign the brand and labels of Colombia’s first artisanal beer; Cerveza Colón. After almost 20 years the brand had been forgotten with an old language and outside the category of craft beers.
The first thing we did was to get away from the cliché of the Christopher Columbus character. We replaced him with a boat that could be any one of the three ships that Columbus arrived to America. The illustration was commissioned to Colombian tattoo artist Diana Torres, who gave a modern language and attitude to the illustration. We also brought it up to date with a sans serif typography and with a more vibrant range of colors made the label more attractive. Finally we added the tagline “always first” to highlight the pride of being the first craft beer of Colombia.
- Agency/Creative: S&Co
- Article Title: ReDesign of Colombia’s First Artisanal Beer Cerveza Colon by S&Co
- Organisation/Entity: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Project Type: Packaging
- Agency/Creative Country: Colombia
- Market Region: South America
- Project Deliverables: Brand Architecture, Brand Identity, Brand Redesign, Brand Strategy, Brand World, Branding, Graphic Design, Identity System, Illustration, Packaging Design, Rebranding
- Format: Bottle
- Substrate: Glass