Rebranding Precision a 30 Plus Year Old Electrical Brand
Precision is a 30+ year old B2B electrical brand, that specialises in manufacturing electrical switches, MCB’s, wires, and other electrical accessories. Over the years they have enjoyed a strong B2B presence, where they are a preferred brand, their clients include prominent developers such as Lodha, Ruparel, Godrej and Hiranandani. However in late 2019 they took a decision to foray into the B2C market, thus saw the need to rebrand themselves to align with the evolved consumer.
The Challenge – The retail space is flooded with several electrical brands that offer switches and electrical accessories at every price point, our challenege was to build a brand to enter the B2C space, while this was over a three decade old brand, it was still not very familiar in the B2C segment. Their visual identity lacked the perception of credibility and legacy that the brand was built upon. Additionally, there was no Brand and Product Architecture established, resulting in numerous individual brands that did not add value to the parent company or build brand equity.
The Solution – Precision Electricals was positioned as a brand that goes above and beyond industry standards and sets a new benchmark. With emphasis on end to end control of the supply chain and product ergonomics, the brand offering was crafted to stand true to its name and offer “Precision across the line”. Most of their product brands were known to the buyers, this worked against the mother brand as the consumer only related to the product brand, we took the decision to rename and create a new nomenclature system for all their products, thus ensuring consistency and stronger presence for the Precision brand.
Project Impact – Precision Electricals now has a new brand that allows them to stand out from competition and a clearly defined product architecture, which helps them both internally as well as externally in terms of supply chain and recall.
Project Team – Kunal Vora (Partner / Founder), Ekta Banodkar (Head of Design), Maghan Varkey (Senior Brand Strategist), Rahul Wadhwani (Brand Designer), Nitika Thethi (Brand Designer), Hitesh Gohil (Digital Design Strategist)
- Design Agency: ABND The Practice
- Organisation/Project Type: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Article Title: Rebranding Precision a 30 Plus Year Old Electrical Brand
- Brand / Project Name: Precision
- Strategic Deliverables: Brand Architecture, Research / Insight, Brand Naming, Product Architecture, Brand World, Brand Strategy, Tone of Voice, Product Naming
- Design Deliverables: Packaging Design, Brand Identity, Identity System, Branding, Brand Redesign, Brand Creation, Graphic Design, Brand Digital Design, Brand Guidelines, Rebranding
- Service Brand Application: Apparel, Brand Guidelines, Email/Newsletter, Experiential, Merchandising, Outdoor Media, Packaging, Presentation, Print Ad Campaign, Print Brochure, Print Publication, Print Stationery, Publications, Website
- Location: India
- Market Country: India
- Market Region: Asia
- Product Category: Identity
- Project Keywords: Electrical, Switch, Electrical Accessories, Rebranding, B2B, B2C,