Italian photographer Veronica Lombez came to us looking for a distinctive new identity to match a new direction in her work. Her portraits of children, families and babies were expressive and emotional, founded on her philosophical principle that “any memory is unreliable if it is not made tangible.”
We found Veronica as unique and fascinating as her work… angular, expressive, heavily inked… she was a world away from the traditional idea of sedate family photographer. Veronica was vital and engaged, and we decided that her stunning self portraits could become an essential part of her rebrand. We felt sure that the clients Veronica hoped to connect with would respond to the dramatic images of the photographer herself, as she perfectly represented the kind of modern woman she hoped to attract.
Her logo – adapted from Futura – was designed to make as much of a statement as Veronica herself when she walked into a room. No frills or delicacies, but angular and modern, executed dramatically large but tempered by a thin body weight. And for her colour pallets, we sampled a handful of deep autumnal colours from her signature work, coding each of her specialist areas with bold stripes.
With her new identity established, we redesigned Veronica from her business cards, promotional flyers and social media banners to her website. By focusing on Veronica’s strongest work and maintaining a strict discipline to her brand colours and messaging, each of her touchpoints displayed a readily recognisably *Veronica* experience.
Clients responded positively to the new look, and instinctively trusted her promise to deliver sensitive and authentic representation of their stories. Whilst it’s not often that a subject is so emphatically on display in their own rebrand, Valeria does represent a truism that good branding design must find the uniqueness at the heart of its subject.
- Agency/Creative: Your Playbook
- Article Title: Rebranding for Italian photographer Veronica Lombez by Your Playbook
- Organisation/Entity: Agency
- Project Type: Identity
- Project Status: Published
- Agency/Creative Country: United Kingdom
- Agency/Creative City: Bath
- Market Region: Europe
- Project Deliverables: Advertising Photography, Art Direction, Beauty Photography, Brand Design, Brand Guidelines, Brand Refinement, Brand Rejuvenation, Brand Strategy, Brand Tone of Voice, Branding, Editorial Design, Graphic Design, Logo Design, Photography, Rebranding, Type Design, Typography
- Industry: Fashion
- Keywords: rebrand brand identity photographer typography
Art Director: Mark Wynne