Inspired From the Holy Month of Ramadan, the can design focuses on the main meals of the month ( Suhoor, Iftar, and Deserts) with simple illustrations in addition to using different famous lanterns shapes in each design.
Suhoor elements are; falafel and ful medames (baked beans). Iftar elements are; stuffed vine leaves and samosa. Deserts elements are; dates and kataifi.
Ramadan is the highlight of the Islamic calendar, a month-long festival characterized by both great restraint and great indulgence. The customary greeting to be recited wherever possible is ‘Ramadan Karim’ – have a generous Ramadan. It’s the 9th month of the Islamic Calendar, Ramadan commemorates the time of year when Allah (Arabic for ‘God’) first began revealing passages of the holy Koran (the Islamic Holy Book) to the prophet Mohammed. As the Islamic calendar is dictated by lunar events, the fall of Ramadan changes each year. During the month of Ramadan, Muslims fast (no food, no water, no smoking) from sunrise to sunset. It’s a time of family, community, charity, and spirituality.
Ramadan in Egypt is celebrated remarkably interestingly like which you cannot find in any other Muslim nations. The way the Egyptians prepare for the holy month is different from other Islamic countries and it is even said that other nations have copied their customs and rituals. The Egyptians prepare for the blessed month weeks ahead. They have their own way of celebrating the holy month.
- Agency/Creative: Rana Haroun
- Article Title: Ramadan Inspired Can Design Concept for 7up
- Organisation/Entity: Freelance
- Project Type: Packaging
- Project Status: Non Published
- Agency/Creative Country: Egypt
- Agency/Creative City: Cairo
- Market Region: Africa, Middle East
- Project Deliverables: Art Direction, Brand Design, Design, Digital Painting, Packaging Design, Rebranding
- Format: Can
- Substrate: Metal
- Industry: Food/Beverage
- Keywords: Ramadan - Can Design - 7up - Packaging
Graphic designer: Rana Haroun