Rå Furniture Brand and Identity Design by Krista Kay Design
The Karlsson family have lived in rural Minnesota for generations, ever since their ancestors immigrated from Sweden in the early 1870s. They see a new vision for their family’s lumber business, planning to transform into a modern recycled and reclaimed materials hub closer to the city. This space will sell beautifully crafted and reclaimed furniture in the Mid-century Scandinavian design style as well as raw and found/salvaged materials.
They want a brand that comes across as timeless, well-fashioned, and sophisticated, celebrates their commitment to sustainability, and demonstrates that they are a family-run business with decades of experience and craftsmanship.
The logo and visual identity represent the idea of construction, breaking things down to simple forms and putting them back together, reflecting their new business model. The brand colours are organic and sophisticated. The name is taken from their Swedish roots, and means rare or raw, perfectly highlighting the qualities of their crafted pieces and aesthetic. A custom typeface was also developed to expand their visual language, further the themes of deconstruction.
- Design Agency: Krista Kay Design
- Organisation/Project Type: Student, Non Published Concept Design
- Article Title: Rå Furniture Brand and Identity Design by Krista Kay Design
- Brand / Project Name: Rå
- External Design Credits: Supervised by Shillington London teacher, Hilary Archer
- Strategic Deliverables: Research / Insight, Brand Naming, Brand World, Brand Strategy, Tone of Voice, Product Naming
- Design Deliverables: Packaging Design, Brand Identity, Identity System, Branding, Brand Creation, Graphic Design, Brand Digital Design, Brand Advertising, Retail Brand Design
- Location: United Kingdom
- Market Country: United States
- Market Region: North America
- Product Category: Household
- Consumer Packaging Format: Bag, Box, Tube
- Consumer Substrate / Material: Pulp Carton, Pulp Paper