[Quiero] Tacos Juan® — Re-Branding Tacos From Within
Boostraped from the back of a pick-up truck, Juan made its way up until he became an icon of barbacoa tacos in Mexico. Even when his business broadened to several locales, word of mouth was his main advertising strategy — not that he intended for it.
A basic logo resembling that of a competitor went in use until he approached us with the goal of achieving a fresh brand whilst remaining true to the taco stand original feel. Traditional signage gives way to a wordmark in the shape of a taco because, well… tacos.
To-go packaging and instant messaging stickers were also developed as part of an all around graphic design project for one of our all-time favorite brands. Enjoy!
- Design Agency: YuJo! Creatividad Aplicada®
- Organisation/Project Type: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Article Title: [Quiero] Tacos Juan® — Re-Branding Tacos From Within
- Brand / Project Name: Tacos Juan®
- Production Credits: Gilberto Torres
- Strategic Deliverables: Research / Insight
- Design Deliverables: Packaging Design, Graphic Design, Brand Guidelines, Rebranding
- Location: Mexico
- Market Country: Mexico
- Market Region: North America
- Product Category: Fast Food
- Consumer Packaging Format: Bag
- Consumer Substrate / Material: Pulp Carton, Pulp Paper