The owners of this small cafe fell in love with the Monarchy, and its head, Queen E, during their visit to London. They wanted to bring the memory home to their next project, when they opened “Queen’s Bake”. The small cafe would have a UK-inspired interior and their menu serving common bakery and beverages in Mansoura and Cairo, Egypt.
The brief given was to design an identity that is minimal yet fun. The main core of the logo is to attract people and make a unique identity that takes a special place in the market through its entertaining style and colorful mood that reflects nature of the place. The name itself was a clear and enough statement of the place that helped us know the approach we should follow in the design.
The team started brainstorming and sketching a few characters. The name they were looking for was something that literally “speaks” to the people, that was their marketing strategy. They were open to using more than one sketch and we wanted to give them something playful. Inspired by the British cards, we got inspired by the second most famous royal pair and designed a playing deck inspired Queen and King.
The Queen’s logo is the main brand logo, in line with the name. She was mainly used for the bakery packaging, while the King was there to compliment and was used for the beverages menu where they both go together like tea & biscuits.
A pattern combined from the queen’s and king’s character was created and used in the takeaway packaging and most of the boxes were printed on craft paper to emphasize the genuine ingredients and the handcrafted bakery.
- Agency/Creative: Liquid Advertising
- Article Title: Queen’s Bake Branding by Liquid Advertising
- Organisation/Entity: Agency
- Project Type: Identity
- Project Status: Published
- Agency/Creative Country: Egypt
- Agency/Creative City: Cairo
- Market Region: Middle East
- Project Deliverables: Art Direction, Brand Design, Brand Identity, Graphic Design, Illustration, Packaging Design
- Industry: Food/Beverage
- Keywords: Logo Design, Visual Identity, Branding, Illustration, Graphic Design
Designer: Nabila Hesham