The task at hand was to develop a differentiated positioning, brand name, and packaging design for a premium Oriental foods brand.
The purpose of the brand was to enable people to cook restaurant-quality Asian food at home.
Indians love Asian food. The medley of flavors and ingredients appeals to the Indian palette like no other. However, home cooks often lack the time, ingredients, and cooking skills to recreate restaurant-style Asian food at home.
The consumer is at the heart of our brand. We believe that cooking is not just a chore, but an experience filled with exploration and imagination. And the kitchen is a place of culinary transformation. Hence, we came up with a brand idea of “My Asian kitchen”.
Asian cooking is for everyone and anyone who desires to explore. With Moisoi you transform your kitchen into an Asian food street at ease.
We designed a packaging design system for a range of nine Asian cooking sauces. The idea was to bring alive the Asian cooking experience at home. The two circles in the identity start to tell the story of transformation making it an own-able device for the brand.
Each side of the packaging is leveraged to build this experience. Like an Asian playlist to go with the mood or a small recipe booklet to inspire our home chefs.
Moisoi breaks the clutter in the category through its minimal and graphic style. Whereas most of the brands show an abundance of food and heavy Asian symbols and patterns. So, fire up your wok’s, get your chopsticks ready, and get cooking!
- Agency/Creative: Landor and Fitch
- Article Title: Positioning, Brand Naming and Packaging Design of Premium Oriental Foods Brand Moisoi
- Organisation/Entity: Agency
- Project Type: Packaging
- Project Status: Published
- Agency/Creative Country: India
- Agency/Creative City: Mumbai
- Market Region: Asia
- Project Deliverables: Brand Identity, Brand Naming, Brand Strategy, Food Styling, Graphic Design, Packaging Design
- Format: Box, Jar
- Substrate: Glass Jar, Pulp Board
- Industry: Food/Beverage
- Keywords: Asian Cooking Sauce, Ready to Cook, Home Cooking, Transformation, Exploration, Packaging Design, Asian food
Managing director: Lulu Raghawan
Creativ director: Arnab Ray
Senior designer: Rutika Moghe
Designer: Akrutee Mahimkar