Plantjoy Branding by Lisa Gorham Creative
Growing strong, healthy plants takes nourishment, know-how, and hard work. Growing a startup e-commerce plant business, and its brand, takes the same care and discipline. Plantjoy approached Lisa Gorham Creative with a budding business concept and generations of industry experience, but little else from a brand and communications standpoint.
The idea was simple—not to be confused with easy. Shopping for plants online isn’t new, but most e-commerce options aren’t that great. Plantjoy wanted to develop a completely different experience. One that would give consumers a whole new way to shop for high-quality plants with ease and confidence, and an equal amount of enjoyment and inspiration. A big part of conveying that was creating the right look, feel, tone, and all of the intangibles that go along with it. Like the premium plants they offer, we grew their brand from the ground up.
This full scope branding and visual identity project began with the fundamentals: discovery, strategy, and development. Across the board, every facet needed to be colorful, clean, and, without question, FUN. As such, it laid a solid foundation for all touchpoints but it was also flexible enough to allow for some tonal variances and extensions. We carefully designed and developed the brand identity suite, e-commerce website, a delivery packaging suite, social media assets and content, email marketing, customer engagement emails, illustrations, and more. For each and every touchpoint, the objective was the same—make Plantjoy different from any competitor out there and do so in a way that reinforces the true essence of their brand. It all works together, in perfect, simple, joyful synthesis. Or is it, photosynthesis?
- Agency/Creative: Lisa Gorham Creative
- Project Type: Identity
- Organisation / Project Status: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Location: United States
- Article Title: Plantjoy Branding by Lisa Gorham Creative
- Market Region: North America
- Project Deliverables: Brand Advertising, Brand Design, Brand Experience, Brand Guidelines, Brand Identity, Brand Naming, Brand Strategy, Branding, Graphic Design, Identity System, Illustration, Packaging Design, Research, Tone of Voice
- Keywords: Branding, Brand, Brand Identity, Visual Identity, Logo, Logo Design, Packaging, Packaging Design, Illustration, Copywriting, Social Media, Email Marketing, Plants, Plant Delivery, Delivery, Home, Garden, Landscaping, E-commerce, Website Design