Pencil Turn Up the Heater to Chilli Sauce Packaging
Charlie has spent a lot of time working in restaurants across the globe. His passion for food is taken him all over the world to many different restaurants. This is where he has absorbed all he can from those he worked with and the various cuisines and cultures of food the world has to offer.
Charlie lives local to where we work. and he approached us to help him with the packaging for his first products that he has launched his business with. Charlie is far from a large business; he plans to start selling his products at food fairs. We love working with people in our local community, using our experience to help them define their offering and give their packaging a real point of difference and a value that applies to bigger businesses.
Charlie’s real passion is chilli sauces, and these were the products he was launching with.
With everyone having varying degrees of sensitivity to heat in food it was clear we needed a way to visualise the strength of each sauce easily.
We’ve all spent time trying spicy food without. fully understanding it’s potency, sometimes they can really light a fire in your mouth.
Using heat and the burning effect a chilli sauce can have, a burnt effect to the labels created a really engaging visual device. The hotter the chilli the more burnt the label was; Mild is just singed but Flaming Hot is virtually destroyed.
- Design Agency: Pencil Studio
- Organisation/Project Type: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Article Title: Pencil Turn Up the Heater to Chilli Sauce Packaging
- Brand / Project Name: Charlie Nowlan Sauces
- External Design Credits: Creative Director – Luke Manning
- Strategic Deliverables: Research / Insight, Tone of Voice
- Design Deliverables: Packaging Design
- Location: United Kingdom
- Market Country: United Kingdom
- Market Region: Europe
- Product Category: Condiments
- Consumer Packaging Format: Bottle
- Consumer Substrate / Material: Pulp Paper