A colourful relaunch
For almost 120 years, Alpia has stood for chocolate enjoyment in an unmistakable pink wrapper. A comprehensive brand and packaging relaunch was planned to rejuvenate and enhance this iconic brand.
While pink stands for the Alpia brand, we have significantly reduced the amount of this signature colour on-pack, combining it with the colour of each variety. On the left-hand side, the pink stripe incorporates an individual branded pattern, ensuring recognition by maintaining this characteristic colour element associated with Alpia.
We started by tidying up the overall design and replacing the background cotton effect and the milk in the foreground with a clear structure. Instead of the Alpia pink, the colours of the varieties now play the main role, giving the chocolate bars a colourful look and helping consumers find their favourite products within the large range.
The contents and ingredients of both the bars and the Alpia snacks are now staged in a contemporary way. Bold, confident typography is key to how our team has succeeded in creating a young, unconventional and fresh redesign.
“The well-known Stollwerck brand appears much more up-to-date and self-confident after the relaunch. We wanted to focus more on the iconic alpine rhombus and on the exciting range of products with special varieties such as Sunny Orange. The packaging now has much more shelf impact. This way, Alpia can be rediscovered by German consumers as a strong and established brand!” says Design Director Dennis Dominguez.
- Agency/Creative: Hajok Design
- Article Title: Packaging Relaunch for Alpia by Hajok Design
- Organisation/Entity: Agency
- Project Type: Packaging
- Project Status: Published
- Agency/Creative Country: Germany
- Agency/Creative City: Hamburg
- Market Region: Europe
- Project Deliverables: Brand Redesign, Brand Rejuvenation, Food Photography, Packaging Design, Rebranding
- Format: Wrap
- Substrate: Pulp Paper
- Industry: Food/Beverage
- Keywords: Hajok Design, Packaging Design, Verpackungsdesign, Chocolate Packaging, Alpia, Stollwerck, Packungsdesign
Design agency: Hajok Design