Eat with Better is a sustainable, focused on conscious consumption food company that celebrates real colors and flavors. Their products are 100% natural, plant-based, and super healthy. We designed the packaging for their new superfood: ready-to-eat jackfruit packs inspired by local Indian flavors.
Jackfruit is a native superfood of India but Indians still have a lot of reservations about eating it. It’s considered cloyingly sweet, smelly, or intensely yellow.
However, they forget about the meaty texture which can be eaten in currier, kebabs, pizzas, or even burgers. So, It was extremely important for the consumers to understand what kind of jackfruit we were talking about. The pack needed to explain the product and the fruit well and not leave them confused.
Jackfruit has multiple benefits that people don’t really know about. Jackfruit Is packed with nutrients, It provides a lot of fiber, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
We wanted the packaging to be bold, fun, and super appetizing! We used a mix of vibrant variant colors combined with jackfruit illustrations and food images for consumers to understand the possibilities of the product! We also added an image of the bowl with the product for consumers to understand the texture of the jackfruit.
We also created recipe cards that go with the packaging for consumers to experiment with different things like a vindaloo burger or a malaikari ramen and a booklet that educates consumers of the Jackfruit we are really talking about that is filled with all things good!
- Agency/Creative: Sejal Agarwal
- Article Title: Packaging Design for Ready-To-Eat Jackfruit Boxes
- Organisation/Entity: Freelance
- Project Type: Packaging
- Project Status: Published
- Agency/Creative Country: India
- Agency/Creative City: kolkata
- Market Region: Asia
- Project Deliverables: Brand Design, Brand Experience, Packaging Design, Packaging Guidelines, Product Design
- Format: Box
- Substrate: Pulp Board, Pulp Carton
- Industry: Food/Beverage
- Keywords: vegan, jackfruit, ready-to-eat, food packaging,
Photographer: Shakunthala, Kristam Laxmi