Margara is a new brand linked directly to our cultural heritage to develop specific merchandising product lines for museums and select shops. Agua de Salamanca, created by the perfumer Paloma Martín Oviedo, is its first initiative.
It is inspired by the city of Salamanca, Spain, its scents and aromas, its textures, its history and culture, evoking the memory of its monuments, its university, and the Salamanca evenings.
For the design, we worked specifically on differentiation, both with the graphics and typography and with the packaging’s finishing touches, to give the whole product a premium sense and feel.
For the product image, we chose the concept of the Salamanca charro button. This traditional element is strongly reminiscent of the city, associated with handmade filigree and jewellery. Thanks to its geometric composition, it enables a graphic language which when developed can be used for a sensual and elegant packaging in two sizes, 50 and 100 millilitres.
We chose a luxurious serif for the typeface inspired by Art Deco interpretations of classic typographic styles. It uses ligatures and calligraphic alternates for a fluid, romantic, modern and elegant final design.
We picked an intense blue for the corporate tone, inspired by the sky of Salamanca reflected on the River Tormes, playing off of the hot foil stamping in gold that reminds us of its rich heritage and the Villamayor stone in the sunsets.
In this way, tourists, occasional travellers, students and the citizens of Salamanca themselves will also be able to identify with the perfume and empathise with its soft and long-lasting aroma.
- Agency/Creative: Salvi Design
- Article Title: Packaging Design for Agua de Salamanca Eau de Parfum Created by Salvi Design
- Organisation/Entity: Freelance
- Project Type: Packaging
- Project Status: Published
- Agency/Creative Country: Spain
- Agency/Creative City: Ponferrada
- Market Region: Europe
- Project Deliverables: Brand Identity, Label Design, Packaging Design
- Format: Bottle, Box
- Substrate: Glass, Pulp Paper
- Industry: Fashion
- Keywords: Agua de Salamanca, Eau de Parfum, Fragrance, Perfume, Parfums, Salamanca, Salvi Design, Brand packaging
Creative Director: JuanMa Salvi