Packaging Design Concept for Ballantine’s 21 Year Old Whisky Limited Edition
Ritz Colombo – Ballantine’s 21 Year Old Whisky Concept
Ballantine’s was looking for a creative, colorful, 2D graphic art to bring to life the complex spices of the Ballantine’s 21 Years Old in a not too literal and more abstract way.
My idea was to represent the complex spices by a complex design.
So I create several little designs (71 in total) each one representing the notes the consumers can find tasting the Ballantine’s 21 Years Old whisky and each one being different and unique. The challenge was to find the best way to combine them in order to create an harmonious set, just like the whisky do.
The final result is an eye-catching, clean and modern package in which the diversity of its components enhance the look of the pack, making it richer, deeper and more interesting and matching perfectly to the main feature of the product.
- Design Agency: Ritz Colombo
- Organisation/Project Type: Freelance Concept, Non Published
- Article Title: Packaging Design Concept for Ballantine’s 21 Year Old Whisky Limited Edition
- Brand / Project Name: Ballantine's 21 Year Old Whisky limited edition - Complex Spices
- External Design Credits: Creative direction, graphic design and typography: Ritz Colombo
- Project Type: Consumer Brand Creation, Consumer Brand Redesign
- Strategic Deliverables: Consumer Brand World
- Design Deliverables: Consumer Branding, Consumer Graphic Packaging Design, Consumer Advertising, Corporate Brand Creation, Corporate Branding, Corporate Brand Identity
- Location: Italy
- Market Country: Multiple Countries
- Market Region: Asia
- Product Category: Spirits
- Consumer Packaging Format: Bottle, Box
- Consumer Substrate / Material: Glass, Pulp Paper