The German manufacturer of jams, Schwartauer Werke, launches editions three times a year using the Schwartau brand. In contrast to the standard range, highly topical design trends are deployed to appeal to new and younger target groups. Hajok Design is regularly commissioned with the design for the special editions. For the 2020 spring edition, the brief also included developing a suitable name.
The name Gartenfreund (gardening enthusiast) stands for the naturalness of the jams and the joy of your own garden or balcony. The urban gardening topic is therefore also reflected in the packaging design. The traditional fruit and flower illustrations are reminiscent of drawings from old botanical books. Modern typography forms an aesthetic link between past and present. With the small butterfly as a connecting element and the black lid as a contrast to the bright label, “Gartenfreund” clearly differentiates itself from the existing Schwartau range and provides inspiration for a sunny breakfast outdoors.
- Agency/Creative: HAJOK Design
- Article Title: Packaging Design and Naming for Schwartau Extra’s Spring Edition
- Organisation/Entity: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Project Type: Packaging
- Agency/Creative Country: Germany
- Market Region: Europe
- Project Deliverables: Branding, Graphic Design, Illustration, Packaging Design, Product Naming
- Format: Jar
- Substrate: Glass