Packaging Design and Naming for Schwartau Extra’s Spring Edition
The German manufacturer of jams, Schwartauer Werke, launches editions three times a year using the Schwartau brand. In contrast to the standard range, highly topical design trends are deployed to appeal to new and younger target groups. Hajok Design is regularly commissioned with the design for the special editions. For the 2020 spring edition, the brief also included developing a suitable name.
The name Gartenfreund (gardening enthusiast) stands for the naturalness of the jams and the joy of your own garden or balcony. The urban gardening topic is therefore also reflected in the packaging design. The traditional fruit and flower illustrations are reminiscent of drawings from old botanical books. Modern typography forms an aesthetic link between past and present. With the small butterfly as a connecting element and the black lid as a contrast to the bright label, “Gartenfreund” clearly differentiates itself from the existing Schwartau range and provides inspiration for a sunny breakfast outdoors.
- Design Agency: HAJOK Design
- Organisation/Project Type: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Article Title: Packaging Design and Naming for Schwartau Extra’s Spring Edition
- Brand / Project Name: Schwartau extra Gartenfreund
- Strategic Deliverables: Product Naming
- Design Deliverables: Packaging Design, Illustration, Branding, Graphic Design
- Location: Germany
- Market Country: Germany
- Market Region: Europe
- Product Category: Cupboard Food
- Consumer Packaging Format: Jar
- Consumer Substrate / Material: Glass