The Schwartau brand Corny has its finger on the pulse with a new bar and has developed a real lifestyle product. Boasting 30% high-quality protein and no added sugar, Corny is targeting a nutrition-conscious and active consumer group – who have little time yet the need for a quick boost of energy that tastes great. “Food with a function” is the motto and the packaging design had to communicate this in a contemporary and delicious way.
HAJOK Design started the project with an intensive consumer survey and a brand positioning workshop with the client at the agency in Hamburg. The target group was closely examined and various design concepts discussed. It was imperative that the packaging design combines taste, lifestyle and performance while presenting itself in a cool and confident way.
The product name and the strong font colours both developed by HAJOK Design appeal directly to consumers. The minimalist look and matt surface stand for a modern lifestyle. A new feature is the top-down product shot, which shows a bird’s eye view of the bar. The brightly coloured trays draw attention to the bars, appealing both to athletes and consumers who need a quick boost of energy.
- Agency/Creative: HAJOK Design
- Article Title: Packaging Design and Naming for Corny’s New Protein Bars
- Organisation/Entity: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Project Type: Packaging
- Agency/Creative Country: Germany
- Market Region: Europe
- Project Deliverables: Brand Creation, Brand Identity, Branding, Graphic Design, Packaging Design, Photography, Product Naming, Research
- Format: Flow-Pack
- Substrate: Plastic