“Maguro group”, a famous Japanese restaurant enterprise in Thailand, joined us to tell the story of “Giving”. The brand expresses their gratitude to their partners and valued customers through the design of the premium gift box that reflects the company’s philosophy “Give More Culture”. It is the company’s belief that we all can contribute and move forward this society only if we support each other collectively.
Under the design concept of “The Circle of Giving and Sharing,” the design applied the circle from Maguro’s logo as the main story telling of the brand’s philosophy.
We design this premium gift box and the gifts inside (tumbler, face mask, and phone antimicrobial pad) using the continuous movement of graphics and patterns under Japanese Minimalism style. The four circles deconstructed from the brand’s logo represent the meaning of Dream, Health, Family and Society. However, in the end all of the circular symbols are derived from one circle. And that represents the unity of the brand and the community that supports it.
Apart from reflecting the idea of the Japanese symbolism and Japanese minimalism (Zen aesthetic) in the design, these symbolic applications are also to represent the core idea that Maguro is not only a Japanese restaurant but also the space of “Sharing” for people.
This gift set is available to their VIP patrons and suppliers and also available for purchase through the brand’s points of purchase throughout Bangkok and across their online channels.
- Agency/Creative: The Head and The Heart Studio
- Article Title: Packaging and Gift Design for Maguro
- Organisation/Entity: Agency
- Project Type: Packaging
- Project Status: Published
- Agency/Creative Country: Thailand
- Agency/Creative City: Bangkok
- Market Region: Asia
- Project Deliverables: Concept Art, Craft, Design, Graphic Design, Illustration, Packaging Design, Packaging Guidelines, Pattern Design
- Format: Bottle, Box, Case
- Substrate: Fabric, Glass Bottle, Pulp Paper
- Industry: Food/Beverage
- Keywords: Packaging and Gift Design for Maguro
Art Director: Napassawan Sirisukont
Graphic Designer: Piyames Wuttichalermwat