Anika J. Green self-published her debut book Out of the Habit, which accompanies her identically named successful blog.
With this project, we sought to establish legitimacy as it was her first published work without the involvement of a publishing house.
Our concept was to create a book cover that enticed the reader to pick it up and actively return to it—resulting in the formation of better habits, which Out of the Habit encourages and seeks to cultivate. We chose to approach the cover from a typographical standpoint by thoughtfully considering the placement of each letter, and creating the type with purpose—mirroring the theme and topic of the book.
About the book:
This is a book about living on purpose.
In a culture of consumption, hustle, and chaos, the thought of living your life on autopilot is a little terrifying. But the average person spends almost half of their life doing just that – mentally checking out, going with the flow, making decisions out of habit rather than acting with intent.
There is, however, another way to live. Intentional living is, simply, a lifestyle of purposeful action based around the things that really matter to you. Choosing to live with intention will revolutionize your relationships, mindset, and pursuit of happiness. It will challenge your “normal” and push you to pursue the things that you most want out of life. Whether you want to see the world, kill it as a stay-at-home mom, crush cases in the courtroom, run your own business, or all of the above – if you have big goals, passion, and a desire for purpose, this book is for you.
- Agency/Creative: Rees Morgan
- Article Title: Out of the Habit Book Cover by Rees Morgan
- Organisation/Entity: Freelance
- Project Type: Product
- Project Status: Published
- Agency/Creative Country: Canada
- Agency/Creative City: Vancouver
- Market Region: North America
- Project Deliverables: Editorial Design, Graphic Design, Typography
- Industry: Entertainment
- Keywords: book covers Anika J. Green big type stacked and staggered black and brown reversed type paperbacks/softcovers book spines back covers center-aligned text self-published tight letterspacing
Designer: Rees Morgan