Living with food intolerances shouldn’t have to be a challenge. OurCreative are extremely proud to share our rebrand for Asda’s Free From range which turns the idea of bland, boring Free From food on its head. Designed for both the ‘have to’ consumers and those choosing it as part of a lifestyle, our positive, uplifting brand assets both inspire and delight. All whilst ensuring clear allergen navigation is front and centre. Proving that Free From doesn’t have to mean missing out.
With more and more consumers choosing to cut out certain food types as well as those with intolerances that have no choice, we were challenged by Asda to redesign the brand to appeal to both the trust seeking “have to” consumers and the flexitarians who choose to eat free from as part of a lifestyle choice. Our solution.. a bold, iconic suite of brand assets that have a cohesive look and feel, with the ability to stretch across 100+ SKUs, encompassing everything from daily essentials to Easter Eggs.
Throughout the project “No compromise” was key. We created a vibrant and uplifting brand identity, full of positivity that turns the bland on its head. The proud, bright execution and day-lit, foody photography gives the consumers the reassurance of positive vibes, goodness and fulfilment, making sure they never miss out or feel compromised when it comes to their food choices.
The illustration stretch allows for flexibility to be appropriate for different categories; whether that’s Italian pasta, or valentines chocolates. This, combined with the suite of flexible, bold background colours gives the brand a modernity, and freshness that was previously lacking.
The nature of the project also meant clear allergen navigation was key, so this was brought front and centre, alongside a tone of voice that offers both positivity and reassurance.
Combined these assets effectively allow for appropriate differentiation across SKUs and categories, living and breathing the “no compromise” sentiment.
- Agency/Creative: OurCreative
- Article Title: OurCreative Redesign Asda Free From With a ‘No Compromise’ Solution
- Organisation/Entity: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Project Type: Packaging
- Agency/Creative Country: United Kingdom
- Market Region: Europe
- Project Deliverables: Brand Architecture, Brand Guidelines, Brand Identity, Brand Redesign, Brand World, Branding, Packaging Design, Rebranding, Research, Tone of Voice
- Format: Box, Flow-Pack, Jar, Sachet, Sleeve, Tray, Wrap
- Substrate: Pulp Board, Pulp Carton, Pulp Fibre, Pulp Moulded Fibre, Pulp Paper