Brief/problem: Only roastbeef is a brand that wanted to “Resurrect”. Redesigning the brand to re-launch it again but without losing its essence, was the great challenge of this project. A brand remembered by a whole generation that had to be moved by its return to reposition it in the “Fast food” market as a unique and original product that had to preserve its most emblematic details and adapt to the gastronomic and digital world of which it now wanted to be part of.
Solution: We return to the original graphic style of the brand and update it without losing its essence. A classic brand in the contemporary world. A nostalgic and emotional story that evokes the reunion with an old friend who remains the same, although renewed and fresh. The typographic use, the containers, the typical claims of the time, phrases and objects that evoke the past (tape recorders, tv’s, vinyl records, etc.), graphic techniques such as the semitone, among many other elements, are the resources that the brand use to give context to its origin and to seduce not only longtime clients, but also new generations who are attracted by this communication language.
Cultural context: In the medellín of the 90s, in the most commercial area of the city, this brand had achieved an exceptional position. Their famous only (not a sandwich, not a burger) were part of the life of a generation that saw the brand disappear after several years in the market. More than 10 years later, only returns to the market with a renewed identity but preserving its western american essence, and of course its unique portfolio of products and flavors.
- Agency/Creative: Hobby
- Article Title: Only Roast Beef ReBranding by Hobby Brand Studio
- Organisation/Entity: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Project Type: Identity
- Agency/Creative Country: Colombia
- Market Region: South America
- Project Deliverables: Brand Guidelines, Brand Redesign, Brand Rejuvenation, Brand Strategy, Brand World, Graphic Design, Identity System, Packaging Design, Rebranding, Research, Tone of Voice
- Industry: Food/Beverage
- Keywords: Rebranding, Only, colombia, design, food, packaging, design, identity