One Who Lives By the Sea
The well travelled winemaking couple of Paralian Wines had no idea where to settle, or what place they should call home … until they unexpectedly discovered the South Australian coastal town of Port Willunga. Here they established a life worth living—by the sea—and paid homage to this lifestyle by calling their wine brand Paralian (meaning, someone who lives by the sea). Specifically wanting to avoid coastal imagery, the brand required a contemporary package that resonated with the place they now call home.
In the shallow depths of the sea in Port Willunga is the remains of the original jetty. This iconic ruin of weathered posts forms the backdrop of many weddings and is featured in landscape photographers portfolios, not to mention Instagram posts and local tourism. Avoiding coastal imagery, an interpretive typographic mark based on the ruins was created to hero Paralian. If you live in South Australia or have visited this southern region, you’re likely to recognise the formation; if you don’t, their story of place can be told.
- Design Agency: Voice
- Organisation/Project Type: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Article Title: One Who Lives By the Sea
- Brand / Project Name: Paralian
- External Design Credits: Photography: @lightlysaltednut
- Strategic Deliverables: Brand Architecture, Research / Insight, Brand Strategy, Tone of Voice
- Design Deliverables: Packaging Design, Brand Identity, Branding, Brand Creation, Graphic Design
- Location: Australia
- Market Country: Australia
- Market Region: Multiple Regions
- Product Category: Wine
- Consumer Packaging Format: Bottle
- Consumer Substrate / Material: Glass Bottle, Pulp Paper