Olive Era is a Greek skincare company whose products utilize Greek bio olive oil as it’s main ingredient. The range includes a wide spectrum of products covering skin treatment and hair care as well as aromatherapy and hotel amenities.
Client: We want a fresh and fragrant identity yet grounded instead of traditional or classic. More utilitarian – less ornamental. The goal is to engage a wider audience, especially younger ages. Olive oil based cosmetics is a saturated market in Greece so the need for differentiation is essential. We want to make olive oil relevant and change the bias that people have about olive oil products (conservative, rustic, classic). Gold color, olive trees, leaves etc. consist a cliche we want to avoid.
We applied a “common practice” method in the cosmetics field developing a typographic system, using the information as the core identity element.
The brand’s signature fragrances inspired us to use a muted pastel color palette, communicating freshness and diversity and to achieve a “natural look and feel” connoting olive oil and natural ingredients, we used mostly recycled papers.
Additional specialized series including Kids series, Caviar Elixirs, Sun care, “Athens Spirit” Edition and more are developed to make a portfolio that meets all needs.
Deliverables include naming, brand identity & architecture, print design, packaging, art direction.
- Agency/Creative: Aris Goumpouros
- Article Title: Olive Era Branding and Packaging Created by Aris Goumpouros
- Organisation/Entity: Freelance
- Project Type: Packaging
- Project Status: Published
- Agency/Creative Country: Greece
- Agency/Creative City: Athens
- Market Region: Europe
- Project Deliverables: Art Direction, Brand Architecture, Brand Creation, Brand Identity, Brand Naming, Branding, Packaging Design
- Format: Bag, Bottle, Box, Jar
- Substrate: Fabric, Glass, Plastic, Pulp Carton, Pulp Paper
- Industry: Retail
- Keywords: Cosmetics, olive oil, greek, spa, packaging, body care, hair care, face care,
Branding cosultant: Aris Goumpouros