Oleg Zaharevich Creates Concept for OHM London Premium Quality Dry Gin
OHM London Dry Gin is a premium gin concept, born as an experiment in branding, alcohol packaging, and modern gin design, based on simple but powerful shapes — lines and circles.
The motive of lines and circles is visually repeated throughout all the design: in the unique bottle shape with a ridged embossing on its sides and in the label with the copper embossed flourishes. Different inscriptions on the shoulders and the bottom of the bottle are also embossed in a circle shape, obeying this general rule of circles. Even the shape of the label itself is a long line, visually dividing the bottle horizontally.
The turquoise colour of the bottle and the copper embossing create a perfect combination, contrasting and especially visible on the shelf thanks to the specific shape and white colour of the label. The top of the bottle is crowned with a natural wood cork.
To highlight the premium status of OHM London Dry Gin the label is made of thick rice paper, printed with letterpress, and embossed with hot copper foil to make it extremely tactile and to bring more levels of textures in the design.
OHM London Dry Gin is a premium quality gin. This master’s recipe spirit is crafted exclusively from hand-picked juniper and orris root, spring water, and 70% ABV spirit only. It was created in 1928 by M. OHM and became one of the gins to shape the flavour of the modern London dry style — flavoured with a blend of botanical herbs.
It’s a perfect blend of craftsmanship, talent, and traditions.
- Design Agency: Oleg Zaharevich
- Organisation/Project Type: Freelance, Published Self Promotional Design
- Article Title: Oleg Zaharevich Creates Concept for OHM London Premium Quality Dry Gin
- Brand / Project Name: OHM London Dry Gin Concept
- Strategic Deliverables: Research / Insight, Brand Naming, Product Naming
- Design Deliverables: Packaging Design, Branding, Graphic Design
- Location: Belarus
- Market Country: Belarus
- Market Region: Europe
- Product Category: Spirits
- Consumer Packaging Format: Bottle
- Consumer Substrate / Material: Glass Bottle