Hayman’s new limited edition liqueur packaging design release, student project.
«Old Tom Gin» is a new release from the renowned brand of gin makers: Hayman’s. The brand was founded by the family 150 years ago, leaving a legacy of recipes that are still used today, maintaining its essence and its best botanicals.
This bottle is a limited edition of the old Victorian gin, which is sweeter. The history goes back to the 18th century, when the London Gin Craze happened. Due to the mass consumption of gin, a series of limiting laws were imposed, so other styles of gin and other ways of dispensing it were born. As the production of gin was very expensive due to high taxes and reduced consumption, the «Old Tom» cat was born, which was a character that functioned as a dispenser outside the London pubs of the time and served gin anonymously and clandestinely.
As for the design of this limited edition, the aim has been to recover all that history and the essence of the era. Maintaining a classic glass bottle shape, the different elements that decorate it have been designed:
The label reflects the architectural shapes of the Gin Palace façades, as well as the ornamentation and colours. Two types of foil have been used: copper and turquoise, very common in the accessories of the period. On the other hand, the importance of this legendary recipe has been highlighted on the label. Finally, the bottle has been adorned with a neck that follows the shape of the whole, highlighting the family heritage of the brand.
- Agency/Creative: Sonia Flores Design
- Article Title: Old Tom Gin Limited Edition Packaging Design Concept
- Organisation/Entity: Student
- Project Type: Packaging
- Project Status: Published
- Agency/Creative Country: Spain
- Agency/Creative City: Barcelona
- Market Region: Europe
- Project Deliverables: 3D Design, Industrial Design, Label Design, Packaging Design, Product Design
- Format: Bottle
- Substrate: Glass Bottle
- Industry: Food/Beverage
- Keywords: alcohol design, spirit design, gin, packaging design, graphic design, label design, student project
Graphic designer & art director: Sonia Flores