As one of Maryland’s first vintage tap truck rental services, this classy chassis and her charismatic service team, really know how to pour on the “Ol’ Charm.” Founder, Thomas Kuzma, had an exciting vision for a new company—turning his passion for classic trucks, craft beverages, and good ol’ fashioned chivalry, into an extraordinary mobile bar experience. One that’s guaranteed to elevate any corporate, private, or special event. Making that dream a reality began with the meticulous restoration of a vintage 1954 Chevy pick-up, appropriately named ’Henry Hops.’
With restoration complete, Ol’ Charm turned their attention to brand and identity. Through the discovery process we determined how this unique opportunity could be positioned, visually and verbally. We started by imagining back to the truck’s heyday. The 1950s were a simpler time—the advertising, typography, and graphic design of that era were no exception. The spirit of that decade was our inspiration. Take for instance the brandmark—a wheel of taps that form the initials O and C—an icon reminiscent of graphics popular during that time. For the color palette we dug up a vintage 1954 Chevrolet paint chip guide and carefully selected a classic brand palette that not only worked great with Henry Hops, but that would work well with future fleet additions.
Each touchpoint was deliberate and every aspect became a proper homage to a great age in American history. Throughout the process, we always kept in mind one very essential detail: Charm. By definition, charm is the craft of delighting others through personality and beauty.
- Agency/Creative: Lisa Gorham Creative
- Article Title: Ol’ Charm Vintage Tap Truck Rental Services Branding by Lisa Gorham Creative
- Organisation/Entity: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Project Type: Identity
- Agency/Creative Country: United States
- Market Region: North America
- Project Deliverables: Brand Experience, Brand Identity, Brand Strategy, Branding, Graphic Design, Identity System, Photography, Research
- Industry: Hospitality
- Keywords: Branding, Brand, Brand Identity, Visual Identity, Logo, Logo Design, Collateral, Photography, Vehicle Graphics, Copywriting, Social Media, Vintage Tap Truck, Mobile Bar, Event Services, Bar Services