Not-a-Shop Logo and Identity
Not-a-Shop! (which forms part of the Düsseldorf-based Assembly Collective) is a concept store that connects the holy trinity of art, culture and fashion. This is not a shop for squares, it’s not a shop for genderphobes and it’s definitely not a shop for boring people. The owners carefully curate their products to create a very niché collection of unique items that is not so easily-peasibly-available-to-anyone-and-everyone, as with your average shop.
It’s-not-an-average-shop but essentially it’s a shop, right? The ambiguity of their name (and the fact that it’s kind of a blatant fib) resonates with the idea of early consumerism and advertising (which we all know was a blatant distortion of the truth). Never mind the ‘little white lies’, aesthetically it felt friendly, fun and personable (duh). Big, bold Typography, Vibrant Colours and a light sprinkling of uneasy smiles. We took this design essence as our inspiration and repackaged it in a modern and slightly off-beat manner. An identity that doesn’t take itself too seriously but has a definite sense of Confidence and Authority.
The Identity is made up of a contemporary, bright and contrasting Colour Palette which is combined with big, bold Typography and in-your-face, almost OTT, repetitive Graphic Elements. It’s overpowering and definitely a bit too much – but that’s exactly what we aimed for. And, the logo, well, hopefully it speaks for itself. (-;
- Design Agency: Blood, Sweat & Polony
- Organisation/Project Type: In-house, Published Commercial Design
- Article Title: Not-a-Shop Logo and Identity
- Brand / Project Name: Not-a-Shop Logo & Identity Design
- Strategic Deliverables: Research / Insight, Brand Naming, Product Naming
- Design Deliverables: Brand Identity, Identity System, Branding, Brand Creation, Graphic Design
- Service Brand Application: Packaging, Print Promotion, Print Stationery, Retail Display, Social Media, Website
- Location: South Africa
- Market Country: Germany
- Market Region: Europe
- Project Keywords: Logo / Identity / Graphic Design / Off-beat / Colourful / Playful / Fashion / Retail / Contrasting / Eclectic
- Industry Category: Retail