Competing in the non-dairy space, Veggemo sought to be anything but ordinary. The non-dairy milk originating from veggies was entering a market dominated by products with very similar, very practical branding, so Pendo took things into the unexpected and delightful. Starting with positioning and naming, down to the quirky illustrations, the world of Veggemo was fully realized across identity, messaging, packaging, campaigns, web, video and social. Industry excitement for Veggemo was evident at launch, with the brand being honoured as one of the most innovative new products at natural food expos throughout Canada and the US.
Swapping out popular nuts, legumes and grains, the plant-based milk beverage is made out of pea protein, tapioca from cassava roots, and the starch of potatoes – giving the product a smooth and creamy taste that is akin to traditional dairy milk. Upon launching the brand, the product was available in three flavours – Original, Unsweetened, and Vanilla.
First launching in Canada, and expanded into the United States, the Vancouver, British Columbia-based start-up boosts founders well acquainted with the CPG industry (Consumer Packaged Goods). With a strong base of research and insights, the team looked at buyers of plant-based products, understanding their needs, and what they were looking that’s not currently offered.
“Pendo exceeded our expectations in developing a brand that captures our products performance equities while delivering an emotional connection to the consumer.”
- Agency/Creative: Pendo
- Article Title: Non-Dairy Milk Veggemo Branding and Packaging Design by Pendo
- Organisation/Entity: Agency
- Project Type: Packaging
- Project Status: Published
- Agency/Creative Country: Canada
- Agency/Creative City: Vancouver, BC
- Market Region: North America
- Project Deliverables: Brand Creation, Brand Identity, Brand Naming, Branding, Creative Direction, Design, Graphic Design, Illustration, Packaging Design, Product Photography
- Format: Bottle
- Substrate: Plastic
- Industry: Food/Beverage
- Keywords: Branding, Design, Packaging, Illustration, Photography
Creative Director: Peter Ladd
Brand Director: Don Cleland
Designer: Peter Ladd
Illustrator: Simon Riviere
Copywriter: Rik Klingle-Watt
Copywriter: Pete Pallett