This project covered everything from brand strategy and naming, to visual identity and packaging design.
The story of New Wharf
New Wharf is derived from a historical name for the riverside area at Maidenhead Bridge where the town was built. The word ‘new’ implies progressive, which feels contemporary, modern and continuous. A wharf is a platform built on the shore where ships and boats are tied up. New Wharf is a progressive independent brewery with a passion for great beer. Disillusioned with monolithic beer companies, they set out on a journey to create a new standard in craft brewing.
Enjoy the journey
The craft beer category has shifted from cult favourite to mature market. As the supermarkets become more comfortable with the category, we begin to see genuine opportunities for independent brands to make it onto the shelves. Our story plays on the idea of a journey to faraway places, the notion of adventure; exploring new tastes and flavours.
The product naming strategy builds on the journey metaphor, reflecting the brewery’s curious and progressive nature; always looking to explore and create something their customers will love. The visual identity is designed to celebrate this attitude, with bold colours and strong imagery featuring across the range.
The journey theme flows through the packaging design, where each beer has it’s own story and a tale to tell. The New Wharf monogram serves as a backdrop to the story, with different characters and creatures combining to create exciting and inviting illustrations, all inspired by movie characters, storytellers and exotic locations.
- Agency/Creative: The Food Brand Guys
- Article Title: New Wharf Brewing Co. Rebrand and Packaging Design
- Organisation/Entity: Agency
- Project Type: Identity
- Project Status: Published
- Agency/Creative Country: United Kingdom
- Agency/Creative City: The Food Brand Guys
- Market Region: Europe
- Project Deliverables: 3D Modelling, Brand Design, Brand Identity, Brand Mark, Brand Naming, Branding, Graphic Design, Illustration, Packaging Design, Product Naming, Rebranding
- Industry: Food/Beverage
- Keywords: #foodanddrink #packaging #branding #design #packagedesign #craftbeer #craftbeerart #beerbranding #logo #brandinginspiration #craftbrewing #graphicdesign
Creative Director: Paul Ringsell