New Packaging for Penhaligon’s London
Label and packaging design for Cairo, a fragrance for Penhaligon’s Trade Routes inspired from the exotic ingredients transported to London in the 19th Century.
The role of the fragrance in ancient Egypt was extremely important, from commonly used oils, or luxurious perfumes only used by the rich, to fragrance offerings to the gods. Each element used in this sumptuous composition makes an ode to their “deeply-rooted perfume culture”, their ambitious ingredients, and their iconic art history; that through a minimalistic and symbolic approach, tells you the story of “the sun of the ancient city, rising slowly over the citadel, like liquid gold that fills the sky”.
- Design Agency: Noreste
- Organisation/Project Type: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Article Title: New Packaging for Penhaligon’s London
- Brand / Project Name: Cairo
- Strategic Deliverables: Research / Insight
- Design Deliverables: Packaging Design, Photography
- Location: Spain
- Market Country: United Kingdom
- Market Region: Global
- Product Category: Health & Beauty
- Consumer Packaging Format: Bottle, Box
- Consumer Substrate / Material: Glass Bottle, Paper, carton